the time when diseases spread due to humid and damp conditions. Fungus and
bacteria multiply during this weather and are easily picked up by children.
Monsoon reduces immunity of one’s body and makes them susceptible to many
diseases. Health irritants like allergies, infection and indigestion are very
common during these days too.
It is a
good time to take precautions and follow a few simple tips to become disease
- Moderation is the key: Eat in
moderation and let your stomach relax.
- Drink lots of warm beverages. They
help in keeping the protective layer on the inside of your throat active and
- Stick to freshly cooked foods.
Bacteria get more time to multiply in stale food.
- Wash fruits and vegetable thoroughly
and eat only freshly cut fruits and vegetables. Try to avoid raw vegetables in these
- Avoid eating street foods like
chaats, fried items and pakoras.
- Avoid green leafy vegetables during
this season as they have insect infestation in humid conditions.
- Consume vegetables like snake gourd,
bitter gourd, bottle gourd, yam, beans. They help to naturally flush out
disease causing bacteria.
- Avoid Instant and canned foods, they
offer little or zero nutrition.
Use Moong Dal, Garlic, pepper,
ginger,Asfoedita(hing), cumin powder, turmeric,
and corianderwhich enhance digestion.
- Drink boiled and filtered water
- Foods like Neem, Bitter gourd
(Karela), Tulsi, Jamun, corn and warm milk are good for health
- Eat balanced diet. And include lots
of lemon in your diet. Vitamin C helps fight common cold and flu effectively.
If anyone you know is ill during monsoon
take some more precautions for a speedy recovery
- Water: take only boiled water.
- Detoxification: take warm water with
- Cough: consume warm water with 1
pinch of black pepper and rock salt helps to get rid of cough due to weather
- Viral: warm milk with 1 pinch of
ginger powder , black pepper and turmeric is good in viral.
- Cold: tulsi leaves , honey and
ginger powder mixed together prevents cold.
- Immunity: consume foods rich in
vitamin C like orange , sweet lime , amla ( gooseberries)
keep in mind that washing hands before every meal is as important as following
the above steps. Also if you suspect that your child is coming down with a cold
or flu, it is best to let him rest at home. Their small bodies are fighting the
infections internally and need to conserve every bit of energy when unwell.