Hello Parents!With the monsoons upon us, I thought I would share a simple and yet nutritious soup recipe for kids. This soup is a wholesome by itself and has all properties of a full meal. So sometimes when your child fusses about eating his food, you can make this soup for him/her and I hope they like it.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients For The Stock
2 cups chopped carrots1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped potatoes1/2 cup chopped potatoes1/2 cup chopped potatoes
For the topping
1/4 cup onions1/4 cup spinach1/4 cup low fat milk1 tsp butter
Method (For the Stock)
- Combine all the ingredients, add 5 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles
- When cooked, allow to cool, blend and keep aside.
- Heat the butter and sauté the onions for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and sauté again for a little while.
- Add the stock and boil for a few minutes.
- Warm the milk and add it to the soup.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.